Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I had three chicken breasts which really needed to be cooked today.  So I rummaged around a bit and found some dry roasted almonds, blue cheese crumbles and a gala apple.  I crushed the almonds and cut up the apple.  Combined these with a couple of ounces of the blue cheese crumbles and a squirt of canola mayo.

I sliced the breasts to make a little pocket and liberally stuffed the mixture in.  I crowded the three stuffed breasts into a small baking pan and baked at 350 until the thermometer indicated they reached an internal temp of 170 (about 40 minutes).  Very tasty dinner and lunch tomorrow, and one more serving to freeze for another day.

I also finished off the last of the tomato sauce with some left over pasta in the fridge.  Ohmigosh that sauce was even better today.  Next time I am at the grocery I am stocking up on cans of tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment