Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eggs Janet

It's my blog and I'll name a dish after me if I want to.  This is my favorite brunch dish on weekend and breakfast for supper dishes during the week, as it was tonight.


Here's what in it - 2 eggs, smoked salmon, tomato, multigrain "thin bun" or similar bread.  Eggs - I have come to believe that big brown organic eggs from happy grain fed chickens are entirely worth the few extra cents they cost - they are noticeably more yummy than the commodity eggs.  I love cooking eggs in this little skillet.



Tomatoes - sliced thin.  Smoked salmon - any variety.  Lately I've been enjoying lox-style.

I toast the buns with a bit of olive oil, then stack a layer of tomatoes, then a layer of salmon, topped off with eggs cooked over easy.  Very tasty and satisfying dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment