Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back on the Wagon

Ok - I fell off for a few days - back into bad habits of skipping breakfast and lunch and then opting for chinese carryout.  I did some grocery shopping this weekend and have to get the cooking thing going again or waste good food.

This morning I got things going by starting Southwestern Pulled Brisket in the slow cooker.   I love my Fagor - I used the browning cycle to sear the brisket, then moved it to a plate while I cooked the onions and garlic and made the sauce.  I used Rotel instead of canned tomatoes, and probably should have skipped the chipotle chile - there was definitely a strong pepper kick going on.

Tonight I strained the sauce and then mixed some back in to the pulled meat.  I picked up some tortillas and jalopeno slaw at the grocery today and enjoyed soft tacos for dinner and looking forward to seconds tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment